Friday, November 11, 2016

CASology Featured Designer, Week Two

Well, and a Happy Friday Morning to you all! I'm back up at the CASology blog today, and thought I'd give you a little peek at where I craft. Since all of our children are grown and living elsewhere, I have the luxury of having my very own craft room/office. It's located right next to the family room where, when he's not in his office, DH spends most of his time, making it easier for me to keep an eye on him. For those of you who are new to my blog, DH has some health issues and needs a little extra TLC these days.

This is the east wall of my craft room. I got that credenza for free a rather long time ago, and it sat for years in the basement, filled with papers that DH just had to save (he's a retired academic, and still an author...so he has this thing about papers...). About two years ago, I couldn't get this thing out of my mind; it was being wasted! It was also uglier. It was this horrid old 1950s office beige, and had a few dings and multiple scratches. I got my sil and his buddy to haul it up from the basement and out to the garage where I could sand and paint it. By the way, this weighs an absolute ton; getting it up from the basement and then back into the house was no small feat! It took me all summer in 2015 to sand, paint, sand, paint and get it looking as you see it now. On the top it holds my BS, and bins of dies and stamps. The open shelves hold all my 6x6 pads, other small paper pads, and finished cards. Behind the closed doors are boxes of ribbon and twine, plus cards I've received and letters and pictures made by the little ones in my life. The top drawer contains hanging file folders filled with scraps. The bottom drawer is fairly empty right now...


Next to the credenza is my paper tower. 
"Hello, my name is Bev, and I'm a paperaholic." Yes the drawers are pretty much full. It's arranged by color. Here's a shot of one of the large drawers, "blue patterned." Hmmm...I see there's still a bit of space in there...might have to go shopping, lol!!



Moving around to the north wall, is my hand-me-down desk. This is my main work space. Copics and Ziggies in the tower. Ready to use die cuts in the boxes in the center, and the blue box contains my everyday tools; tape runner, scissors, craft knife.... You can see my Misti and trimmer. A stencil hangs on the wall.



I pulled the chair away, and boy!, does my desk look small! It really has plenty of space. The door from the hallway is to the right. To the left on the west wall is a looong counter which you'll see in in two photos:


This is my west wall. The drawers under the counter contain my inks, embossing powders, washi tape... The thingy on the counter in the corner has a whole bunch of 'stuff' inside all those cubbies. Mostly I use the stickles and glitters in the big jars. There's my huge Mac, and a cup of coffee, yum!! This counter continues thusly:


You can see my scoreboard next to the Mac, and a few of the cards I've received recently. Plus some really, really important artwork.



That's me, as drawn by granddaughter Lily. Notice that she gave me dark hair and put me in fishnet stockings! Granddaughter Lizzy did the post-it note when she was little, and left these all over the house; she didn't want her older brother and sisters 'following' her. She also did the note when I took her to work with me back in the day. Granddaughter Jessica, who is now in her second year of law school, made the paper plate. It reads, "I love you, love Jessica" How cute is that??!! 

There's a door to the family room on the south wall, and it's covered in more artwork by the grandkids. I love it! So while it's not beautifully coordinated, it's my comfy crafty space. Hope you enjoyed this little tour. See you next week right here at CASology!



22 comments:

Shelly said...

Bev, you have a WONDERFUL crafty space! Love that credenza you refurbished! And just look at all those sweet pictures and notes from your grandkids... <3 Thanks for sharing you space with us!
Happy Friday! :)
Hugs

Judy1223 said...

I'll be right over, Bev! I LOVE your comfy, cozy craft space! I also love the picture your granddaughter drew of you...nothing better than dark hair and fishnet stockings! :) That made me smile today! I love that you kept the "Do Not Enter" post-it, too...such a sweet wall of love! So nice to have you featured this month at CASology...love seeing your craft space and your wonderful cards!!

~amy~ said...

YAY!!!!! I loved your tour...can't wait to see it IRL one day:)

Melissa said...

Aw, Bev! Your craft room looks so inviting and cozy! I love all the little keepsakes you have! What a great idea! The furniture pieces are absolutely perfect for your room and I love how you used them to organize your supplies so well!!! I must say, I am happy to see you didn't forget that coffee...a very important detail for most of us crafty people. ;)
Thanks for sharing a little glimpse into your creative world! :)

Krisha said...

WOW! What a neat and tidy craft room!
I DO understand the "paperholic" THING! LOL!

Bobby said...

I wish I had that much room in my craft room. Yours is very organized, Bev, the better to craft in. I too have a tower of large papers that I bought before I knew better and hardly every used.

Marilyn said...

Thank you for the tour, Bev. So inviting and cozy and just perfect for making your wonderful cards. Hugs, Marilyn

Anita in France said...

Wow, what a glorious space to craft, Bev ... everything is just so perfectly put together ... and so perfectly you! You already know how much I love that credenza ... it's lovely to see it with all the other furniture too! I adore your artwork from the littles ... bet that has you smiling all over your face every time you go in there! Soon as that transporter is finished being tested, I'll be beaming over ... goodness, won't that be fun!! Miss you, mon amie! Big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

sandie said...

Congrats on being featured designer and wow how fab to have your own space and far too neat!! I have a tiny corner in our spare room I share with hubby- his hobby is producing music on his computer plus keyboards etc, so it is our play room and we have to share with the spare bed, drying, book shelves etc, super jealous of your room xx

lostinpaper said...

Love those fishnets! and love your room, thanks so much for sharing with us! (I recently just coerced my nephew into taking some new room photos for me, so hope to find a little time to share soon too)

Susanne Vargas said...

That was a wonderful tour of your craft room, Bev! How fun to see where you create your beautiful cards! Would love to come over and play with you!
Have a great weekend,
Susanne

Nora Noll said...

Oh your room is so neat and clean!! I love the credenza area. Looks so pretty!

I have a room too but it is SO MESSY!! I think it is because I have too much stuff. My husband tripped over something today when he came in because I even have product on my floor. Sigh. I need to purge but I just can't do it!!

Thank you for sharing your nice room!!!

Nora

Brenda said...

What a beautiful, organized crafty room Bev! I love that long credenza that you sanded and painted, it looks fabulous. I love all the storage in it and the length of it. Nice desk too! Love your long counter and the other storage thingy. But it is the artwork that I am loving the most! How fun to have these beautiful and loving works of art from your grands. I also love it that you are right off the family room where you can keep a good eye on DH. That's a good thing! Thanks for sharing this wonderful room with us Bev! Hugs, Brenda

Aileen said...

Wonderful tour thank you. Very tidy, unlike my space. I dream of having a big open spot that a chair could wizz around in. On rollers you know loll. Anyway its very very nice and finished perfectly with grandchildrens art. Always wonderful to keep those special pieces. Just a share here .... My daughter Elysha has down syndrome and writing and reading came a bit later for her. She came home one day and said she couldnt go to school the next day ( this was high school) and gave me a note. Elysha signs to me.....note from Miss Ashington......Elysha must home tommow she will be sick Miss Aton... This all written on a scrap of paper. Ohhh I said so you will be sick tomorrow.... Yes Miss say. Always makes me smile.

TK said...

No wonder you're so inspirational! You have such an inspiring room, and all those handmade inspirations too!

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing your space, Bevie! It looks really clean and uncluttered and cozy and with lovely light coming in! And I love the wooden floors, so easy to sweep up the messes we make! Your finished credenza and the grands' artwork are really fabulous!! Great to talk to you! Miss you lots!! Love and hugs, Darnell

I Card Everyone said...

LOve the space, Bev! It has a place for everything, and more for future shopping! I have coveted that credenza in the past, and still do.
=]

Jen Mitchell said...

It's always a treat to get to see inside someone's crafty space. Everything is so neat and tidy and so well organized. I bet you know where everything is in a heartbeat!

Marybeth said...

Loved this little peek into your craft room and life Bev! So clean , neat and organized! Love your paper storage! Beautiful card and tag dear sweet Bev!

Geri said...

Thanks for the tour! I had no idea this room was so BIG!!! Awesome pics! Lily's drawing of you WINS the 'pic of post' prize!!!

maria f. said...

Your craft room looks heavenly! I want to come play in it. And I'm happy to see the grands know that Grandma rocks too!

Rose said...

You have a lovely craft space Bev! You did a wonderful job refurbishing the credenzer! Looks great & such a practical piece too. I have a paper tower too but use mine for storing inkpads, embossing powders & so on. I prefer to hide my PP lol! Less incriminating! Thanks for sharing!