Sunday, August 20, 2017

It's Been a Long, Long Time

Remember me??! I know...it's been a very long time since I've had the chance to create much of anything, let alone, write a post. We had two sets of company, three birthday parties, and I was "lucky" enough to get that icky, nasty cold virus that has been going around. After the last of our company left mid last week, DH was pooped out, so rather than doing much else, I've been making sure he's been alright. But hopefully this post is the beginning of a little normalcy! How've you all been? I've been thinking of you...

I made a card after church this morning, and boy did it feel good. Found a great sketch kindly provided by Freshly Made Sketches, and came up with a little something.


I got my girly on for this card:


Decided to stop hoarding saving my papers. I love this delicate, pretty blue flowered piece, but it needed to be used rather than stuck away in a stack. And this sweet little bunny (thanks, Ardyth, I still have one or two more of these...!!) has been sitting in a box of die cuts on my desk. Time to break him out! The dies are from PPP, and the paper is from American Crafts. I wanted a small sentiment, and this one from PTI was perfect. Sweet and simple. I hope to get to some commenting this week. I've got to get DH to a couple of routine doctors' appointments, and yours truly has a mammyogrammy scheduled, so between those things, and the caregiving duties, and the day-to-day things, my commenting might not get into full swing until Thursday... I will try to get to it sooner if I can, however. Hope you've got good things planned for the week, and as always...


15 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Hi Bev ~ Spotted your darling bunny over at FMS and had to let you know how much I love this card! Gorgeous patterned papers, and I love how you layered them, too! Very sweet card!

Jen Brum said...

Very sweet card! Love that pretty paper and that scalloped edge! Very cute bunny too! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

lostinpaper said...

So so sweet Bev, that little die cut bunny is the perfect addition to this sketch!

sandie said...

Great to see you back and with this sweet little card, love that pretty paper xx

Lynn said...

So happy to see you back Bev and feeling better. Summer colds are rough! Love your sweet card. The little bunny is adorable!

I Card Everyone said...

So glad we got our chat on before all that came down, Bev!!! =] =]
DARLING paper... sweetest little bun-bun!! = adorable card!
=]

Nora Noll said...

Sounds like you have been super busy!! I love this pretty card that you created!! The scalloped edges are perfection and I love the paper choice!!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet as can be! The bunny is adorable romping through the blue! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Loll said...

Sweet card Bev. That pretty and delicate paper is just perfect with the bunny die-cut.

Sorry you've been ill with a virus ... me too! And the darn thing just keeps hanging on. Take care and hope you are over it completely soon. xx

Geri said...

Remember me? Ditto on all your comments 'bout not being able to find time to visit, create or blog! But hey...I'm still enjoying playing outside more than sitting inside the house!

Love, love, love the angles and the dainty scalloped edge!!! So cool how the design draws the eye from the top of the card down to the sweet bunny and sentiment. GREAT paper - I see why you've been hoarding/saving it! Sure did put it to good use though on this sweet creation!

Patti said...

No wonder you have been saving that paper! it is just adorable and so us your SWEET card!

Good to see you : )

(((Hugs))) and prayers!

Patti

Anita in France said...

Gosh, this little bunny hopping across his fields of soft blue is just so sweet, Bev ... love how you've layered the meadow with the scallops ... and that sweet little sentiment is just so perfect! Soooo good to see you ... and to hear you're beginning to pick up ... take care of yourself as well as everyone else, my friend! Thinking of you ... and missing you! Big hugs & bisous, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

How could we forget you, my dear friend? Sorry to hear you got a virus on top of everything else going on! Glad you are feeling better and that you found time to create and share with us this soft and adorable bunny card!
Hope that you and your DH both get your energy back so that you can spend more time in the craft room! It will be good for you (and for us ;))

Bobby said...

I guess Sunday was a productive day, Bev. ;) I'm so glad you're getting back into the swing of things. This is such a darling card. That wonderful print and the scallops make me think of a little girl's dress.

Jen Mitchell said...

I can relate to your conviction to use pretty patterned paper rather than hoarding it. I've been practicing that myself - with mixed results! Good decision here, though! The bunny is adorable hopping along those wee prints!